Wednesday, June 1, 2011

and it begins

A year ago I was entering my 5th year of college. I was coming back to my house in Tucson on Juanita Street with 3 great friends as roommates and on the road to graduation. A year later I have graduated with communications and creative writing, am back at my parents house, and am completely lost. I do not feel a pull to go back to school or to get a job or to move to Long Beach where I grew up. I do not feel a pull to decide anything. I feel the need to travel and experience what comes my way.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that what is supposed to happen will happen. I do not believe in making plans or forcing things. I made plans to be a prima ballerina and then I got a brain tumor. I made plans to live in the south of France two years ago and then I got into a terrible car accident. So now that I have fulfilled my parent’s wishes of a bachelor’s degree and in doing so had one of the best experiences of my life in college I really feel that it is time that I go and let what happens happen.

I am travelling around America for a few months. I start off in Austin, TX on June 3, then Bonnaroo in Tennessee, The east coast, Electric forest festival in Michigan, the middle of America, the south coast of America, Burning Man in Nevada, and everything in between. I want to meet people and do what I want to do and find places that I want to be. I am couchsurfing (couchsurfing.org), staying in hostels, staying with friends and friends of friends, road tripping, flying, traveling by myself and keeping this journal of my experiences.

My trip may end for a while in September. I may move somewhere I fall in love with or I may keep on traveling outside of America. I do not know what is to come but I have a feeling I will discover many things about many things and for that possibility I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment