Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milwaukee






My mom just called me because I haven’t written on my blog since I arrived in Milwaukee. Two reasons why that is, either I have no Internet but I will always find an Internet café. The second reason is you are just having too much fun and don’t want to escape to write because writing takes times even though I absolutely love and need it. Any way I have been staying with Patrick in Milwaukee. At the airport waiting for Patrick to pick me up I saw Dustin from The Real World. I was embarrassed how awe struck I was and very caught off guard because he is really cute. Patrick picked me up, we had a nice hello and drove me to his house. If you don’t know who Pat is please read the previous sections, especially the Bonnaroo one. His roommates were fun and when he had to work that night I went to Summerfest with them to see The Goo Goo dolls, but really just to have fun. Summerfest is the largest festival in the world, apparently. /it goes for 11 days. It’s more like a fair with drunken midwesteners. Its not really about the music to them it seems, its about getting drunk. I didn’t really hear the band because it was too loud. There were about 5 guys I went with and we all found a table to stand on. Some guy was throwing up below us and about ten minutes later he was up dancing and making out with this girl. I wonder what he is going to take away from the “festival’ After we got a cab back to their apartment and pre gamed a little, I wrote and drew on their white wall then we went out. We had a great time, all those guys are so funny. They love to laugh and it makes me happy. Patrick came and met us when he got off work at 2 45am.

The next day we went downtown to meet up Pats old friend that lives in Chicago up then went home to get ready for The Flaming Lips at Summerfest that night. They were amazing. Walking home there were about 10 of us and we couldn’t stop talking about it. The next day we hung out with Jordan, the Chicago friend and went to The Natural History Museum. It was not as cool as the one in D.C or L.A; they had sculptures of plastic dinosaurs. But we had a great time together then we took Jordan to the train station to go back to Chicago. We are going to hang out in Chicago this weekend. Then we went to this place called the SafeHouse and if you don’t know the password you have to do something ridiculous for a period of time such as cluck like a little chicken for 10 seconds. The password is written inside somewhere and you have to figure it out. After that I wanted to go hang out with this Couchsurfer, Ben, while Patrick had to work. Ben was so chill, he picked me up in his red convertible and we stopped at his house for some hippie hospitality then off to some bars and to check out parts of Milwaukee that I haven’t seen yet. We went to the bar he manages, it was very nice looking and has a dress code on weekends. The bartender was 41 and he went to UofA too. We had a wonderful time and I tried cucumber flavored vodka for the first time. We went to another place and had soup with bread and then went to get ice cream and pass out. I was tired of being out and drinking, all I want right now is to chill out. This morning we got fresh squeezed orange juice and great fruit and went to serve eviction papers to tenants in a house he owns. Ben is so funny, I mean probably my favorite couchsurfer. We laughed so much and he has one hell of a sense of humor, personality, and head on his shoulders. We didn’t go to college, later in life took a road trip across America by himself and now is the manager of a high end bar. He plans on doing more later. I want that, I want to travel and then chill, travel and then chill and love life to the fullest, laugh everyday, and not be stressed. After we drove to get bloody marys, the best ones I think I have ever had and then I went back to Pats to rest. We didn’t rest. He plays the guitar I forgot to mention.

One day we were lying in bed and he just starts playing Yoshimi on his guitar on the chair. He has amps and his friends have jam sesh’s all the time. Life music just for me just steps away from the musicians. Pat plays guitar, acoustic and electric. Jordan sings and plays guitar, and Pat has an amp that you plug in and maracas. Saturday night Jordan and Pat started jamming then I picked up these two sticks and made a beat, someone else busted out the maracas and we played great music. Afterwards we all laughed.

When I met Patrick we immediately had chemistry at Bonnaroo. We hung out and he kissed me during the last show and Bon. Now I am just passing through and came to stay with him. It has been fun. I don’t know what it feels like, I don’t really feel any feeling right now. I am looking for something and i dont think i have found it, then again things do take time i just dont have time to sit and wait. I am running on the belief if it is supposed to happen, it will. I will have fond memories of this 5 day relationship i had with a fantastic and incredibly handsome man.

Today we went to the art museum which was awesome then fell asleep on the grass. He and his friend Troy are cooking us dinner, grilling fish and roasting potatoes. I have one more day tomorrow then I am off to Chicago on Thursday.

In the pictures Pat is the one with brown hair and a brown beard, Jordan is the red head

No comments:

Post a Comment