Friday, July 15, 2011

Chicago



Chicago is an amazing city. So much is here, streets on top of other streets and restaurants, buses, trains on top of you, museums, parks, tons of hotels, and best of all people walking on the streets.

I got into Chicago yesterday afternoon. Ericka left her keys at the desk so when I got to her very high rise apartment building on Kinskie St. I went up to her apartment. There is no sign of a college kid here. She lives with her boyfriend who is some what of a consultant and their apartment is for lack of a better word chic. It is all white with a white curved leather sofa and a white leather ottoman and a white TV and a white long lamp. I immediately took a nap. I barely got sleep on Milwaukee so I needed a rest. She came home an hour later and we gave each other the biggest hug and kisses. It was amazing to see her, I love her so much and she is definitely one of those life friends. We took the train to this cute little Mexican restaurant that is supposed to be in the “hipster” part of town. We had lunch and margaritas which was great then the craziest thing happened. We were walking back to the train station and my friend Dorian comes running up and gave me a big hug. Dorian is a member of the band Badfish, a tribute to Sublime. I met him about two years ago when Badfish came to Tucson. They were so great that I got on stage, kissed the lead singer, and then crowd surfed for my first and last time to date. I am not sure how we met but he met me after the show for drinks and we ended up hanging out most of the night, not romantically just good old fashioned homies. We kept in touch and a year later when Badfish returned to Tucson he called me and I went backstage after and met the band. After the show him and his friend came back to my friend Kelly’s house and we hung out and had a hell of a time and a hell of a sleep over, really good old fashioned homies. Now about 5 months later I run into him in Chicago, well he ran up to me. He lives here and we are making plans to hang out tonight. So back to yesterday, after we got back to her apartment she had to go to work again. She is busy, she goes to the Institute of Art, interns at Gucci, and works at Nordstrom, and has bad rhuemoid arthritis that really affects her joints and bones. She is one hell of a person who I adore and admire so much. She went to work and Adam came home. He is great and funny and really layed back. We had dinner and a few drinks then sat on pool recliners when the sun went down by their pool and shot the shit. Ericka came home and by that time all we wanted to do was sleep, so we did. I slept on the couch in the living room.

The next morning bright and early the power couple got up and got ready. Ericka woke me up to tell me she had a class she forgot about and said FML, spelled out. So I walked her to her class then she skipped it so we could hang out then a couple hours later I walked her to Nordstrom because she has work until 8. Then I called up Jordan. Jordan is Patrick’s friend that he grew up with in Wisconsin and was in Milwaukee with us for the weekend and we became friends, we just clicked like some friends do, and he lives here styling and cutting hair. I walked around for an hour while he rode his bike down to meet me and we had a great fun awesome day walking around and seeing Chicago. We saw so much stuff and walked for hours and laughed all day. He had work at 5 so he left me at around 4 and I slowly began to find my way back to the apartment, which turned out to be very simple because I coincidentally was on the street I needed to walk down. Now I am chilling back at the apartment writing about my day. I am going to shower then I am going to meet up with Dorian. I have a feeling the fun is only beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment