Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eau Claire and New Auburn, Wisco baby





So the end of my trip with Kelly and Taylor is today. It really does feel like the end of something because I am looking forward to what is coming next and I know there is about to be a big change. Finally I will be on my own again and not a third wheel. It has been pretty great being with Kelly, we always have a great time and we can talk about anything. Her cabin has been amazing and just what we needed after a four day festival. It is on the lake in New Auburn, Wisconsin. Her dad is a baller who went to USC and her mom is a beautiful blonde housewife. This is their summer home and they live in Colorado. When we got here her parents were here and right away we changed into suits and went jet skiing and ate a lot of good food. Her parents are great, super down to earth and a pleasure to talk to. Its funny the lifestyle I have chosen to be living right now. The life style of being thankful when I get to sleep in a bed or when I get a shower, being used to sleeping on a couch or not going to sleep, thankful when I get a piece of fruit. I think this lifestyle is necessary for a while, it keeps you humble. The second day her mom made us oatmeal and we chatted with her parents for a while. Her dad is very inspiring; he talked to us about our future and gave us guidance. I don’t mind taking advice from someone who is rich and ballin like him. Then we jet skied some more and went on the boat and swam in the lake all day. Then we went to Eau Claire, which is a town 40 minutes away to hang out with some of Kelly’s friends. Then we went back and crashed. The next day we had a great breakfast of Vail Eggs. Her mom’s friend made them up years ago and they make them every time they come up here. Then we went tubing, water-skiing, water boarding, swimming some more. Later we watched Almost Famous. Today we swam and her parents left back to Colorado. We went on the Pontoon boat for hours this evening and watched the sunset. Welcome to the good life. Tomorrow I am flying to Milwaukee for a few days. I am actually going to stay with Patrick, a cutie I met at Bonnaroo and we are going to Summerfest which is a big music festival but you don’t camp and you just come for what you want, we are seeing The Flaming Lips. I am so excited to continue this trip the way I want, couchsurfing and finding friends and exploring and doing what I want. I am also excited to see Patrick, we had a little chemistry, it might grow since I am staying with him. I also have been in touch with a couchsurfer there, Ben, and he seems awesome as well. Ill keep you posted but for now here are some pictures of the lake house.

No comments:

Post a Comment