Saturday, July 23, 2011

finally, some girl time




The day I got here I met Jade. She came with us to the river and I enjoyed meeting her. She hung out with us the next day and we all went to The Devil Makes Three and got a little tipsy and had a blast together. I am staying with all boys and it was so nice to hang with a girl at the show. We understand each other, girl to girl, woman to woman. Yesterday we all went to this great bbq place called 12 Bones with a few of Kyle’s guy friends and one of their girlfriends, Spencer. After lunch Jade took me with her to Spencer’s apartment to hang out with them. I met their other roommate and then we got to know each other hippie style and watched Clueless. I am so glad Jade took me in and I found some awesome girls like my awesome girls. I was able to let a side of me out that I hadn’t in a while, the hang with my girl’s side. Then we came back to Kyle’s and all cooked a pretty delicious meal from veggies from his garden and Jade and I went out. We planned on it being a girl’s night. We met Spencer out and we had a fantastic night and topped it off with great food at 2 am and I slept on Jades futon, it was nice to be able to sprawl especially since I have been sleeping on a couch for as long as I can remember, no room to sprawl on a couch. I am lucky I met them and we hit it off, now I have awesome girlfriends in Asheville, North Carolina.

I am trying to find a way to Wilmington/Wrightsville beach. I need the beach, I crave the ocean, and I am couchsurfing with people at a beach house when I get there. Kyle’s parents came in town yesterday and said they can take me part of the way and from their Kyle’s brother might be driving to Wilmington or I can take the greyhound. Either way I am going to the beach. Asheville is a cool place but I need the beach, must be the way I grew up. Today we are going to a waterfall to chill and a music shindig at a park later tonight, at least that’s what they have been telling me. I'm just going with the flow, I just cooked Jade and myself breakfast and now we are chilling on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment