Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicago part 2




Yesterday Adam and I walked around for hours. Ericka had to work, as usual, so we walked her to work at 2 then continued our journey through Chicago. We went to Lincoln Park and that area and bumped into an art fair. I love the neighborhood there, so green and the houses are made of brick and have character. Chicago is full of sky rises that don’t have much character, they are just glass tall buildings and I don’t want to live in but Ericka does. Adam said the houses I like are older; he said it like it was a bad thing but that isn’t a bad thing to me. Then at 5 we went to the Rib Festival. It had tons of booths with ribs and other food. Adams two friends met us and we all split ribs from different places then split some SoCo. Then the Rusted Roots played, it was interesting. The best part was that I met a guy who had the Electric Forest bracelet on too! We talked for a long time even after I wanted to get away from him he kept at it. After the concert I could barely stand from walking and being on my feet all day so we took the train to his friends where we had one beer and sat for just a little. Then our adventures continued. I realize that it is not love, it is infatuation with Chicago. Maybe it’s impossible for me to love being somewhere right now. I feel burned out already. Maybe its because I don’t have my own space ever, never get to just sleep or go to bed early and not go out with people whose couches and living rooms in sleeping on and in, maybe its because I have been sleeping on couches for the past month and half, maybe its because I have been sleeping in the living room where everyone walks around, or maybe its because I don’t let myself just chill out ever. The whole thing is taking a toll on me and I am unable to enjoy or be excited for more of my trip. Something must be done about this because the rest of America must be seen but I can not continue running myself down and not taking care of myself. I think I have a solution. I am flying to North Carolina on Wednesday where I will be couchsurfing with a bunch of people in a beach house in Wrightsville Beach just “3 steps away from the Atlantic ocean.” I am going to get to know the people for a few days then find a room I can rent or use for a few weeks, maybe even a month. I want to be able to close the door and be alone and it be my space. I need that for just a little to recharge. Maybe ill get a little job, probably. I can’t wait to be by the beach again. But that’s not for a few days.

Tomorrow is a free concert at Millennium Park with Blonde RedHead! Jordan, Ericka, and I are going after Ericka and I get massages. Should be grand and I feel a lot better that I came to this conclusion because last night everyone came back after I stayed home and took a bath and shower and layed on the couch. They came back from going out and sat on the couch, drunk which is fine but I am burned out so I went to lay in Ericka and Adams bed for a while until they decided to go to sleep. That’s when I decided I need my own bed and room for just a little while so I don’t lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment