Tuesday, July 19, 2011

chicago part 3





Yesterday/thing morning was quite an adventure and quite a day. Ericka took the day off yesterday so we walked around and got lunch at this place called the goddess and the grocer, it was delicious. Then we got free sprinkles cupcakes because we said the magic word of the day. Then we got massages. I desperately needed a massage. All this traveling and all these festivals and dancing wound me up and an hour massage was a way of relaxing. Right after the massage we went to Millennium Park. Every Monday at Millennium Park there is a free concert. Yesterday it was Blonde Redhead. The park has a huge stage, which looks like a spaceship or stainless steel toilet and a huge grass area for people to sit on. Patrick came down from Milwaukee and he and Jordan met me and Ericka at the park for the concert. It was so good to see Patrick. Even if I don’t want to admit it or think about it how we met and what has happened between us is exactly why I am on this trip, one word and that word is fate. It was fate how we met, we care about each other and maybe it will flourish into something someday but for now its “hello, goodbye, until we meet again.” After the concert we all went to grab a bite and Ericka went home while we went out. We went to gay bars in boy’s town and let me tell you I loved it. As soon as we walked in there was a big screen playing scenes from musicals like Chicago, Abba during Mommy Dearest, Liza Minnelli, Dollie Parton, Wicked, and all these dudes were singing their hearts out. I loved it. I don’t know why we decided to go there but we did. It was a long successful night. Walking back to Jordan’s I saw the giants face on the side of a building. Jordan passed out when we got home and Patrick and I savored our last night together very well, we walked around and found a secret spot and stayed there until about 5 in the morning. He was on a train back to Milwaukee at 10 45 this morning and I am flying to North Carolina tomorrow. And it keeps going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment