Sunday, December 18, 2011

New House on Haight











Thursday December 15, 2011 I moved to a new apartment. That marks the date of my official staying in San Francisco, the closest place to a European city that I can get in America.

Like many people I found this apartment on Craiglist. I went to the open house. Left a bit skeptical but was getting desperate because I needed to move out of my original place in less than a week. So I told them I was interested and they offered me the room. This was on Thursday, they told me on Friday and we arranged a hang out at the house on Sunday. We all had a great hang out sesh and my skeptisism was gone, they are a great bunch of people and friends.

The roommates:

Brett

Mike

Arvell

Sara

Lilly

Sara and Arvell are a couple and share a room. We have two living rooms, one with a big table for dinner parties and one with couches, a projector screen, a RECORD PLAYER, and one hell of a view of Haight St. Oh, and both living rooms have working fire places. We have an amazing rooftop that looks over the city. The longest people have lived here is 5 years and they really put their souls into the house. There is art all over the house, books all over the shelves and records in abundance.

The room was white when I looked at it and the walls were dirty. I painted it blue. I am in shock that I did it but it was so worth it. Now my room has a dash of color that I picked out and I painted and I can have pride in it. I have slowly started decorating and getting pieces.

So now I have 2 jobs, a wonderful apartment, some cool friends, and amazing San Francisco to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment