Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lounging with a purpose





I went back to Long Beach for Thanksgiving. It was great. I spent time with best friends and danced and had a great time with friends and family. One extra special thing I did was pose for an artist.

Greg is an abstract, surrealist, awesome painter. He painted a picture at my friend Yan’s festival, Unravelyoumind (unravelyourmind.com), that’s basically how I met him. He wanted a ballerina to be his muse or what have you so we made plans to do some sketch’s when I returned back to Long Beach, this was in August. He wanted to practice his drawing and I am happy to help people that are using their creativity and imagination. So I went to his brand new bought warehouse that he is turning into his home. It was bare, bare walls, dusty floor, it did not look like a living space, no kitchen even. But after he was telling me what he was going to do with it I could see how it could be very nice and liveable.

We did a few standing poses, nothing intense, just very natural looking. Then he brought out a leather chair and we did a few on the chair. 4 hours of posing then I went to have dinner with my family. The next day I came back to get paid and he whipped out his record collection. He is early 40’s and he has 3 boxes of silent striking records. Some I haven’t heard of like Chicago but some I have like the Police, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin. His record player was not hooked up yet thought so all I could do was imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment