Monday, August 8, 2011

Denver, so far

I have been in Denver for the last couple of days. Kelly picked me up from the airport and we went straight to Jessica's house. Jessica went to Bonnaroo with us and we became pretty close friends from that experience and she lives here, she also went to the University of Arizona with us and is one of Kelly's old roommates. Her house is so fun, her roommates are so fun and have beautiful glass wear. That night all the girls just made dinner, sipped wine, and talked.

The next day we all went to a Rockies game at Coors field. I have never been to a pro baseball game, so that was my first. It was huge, so many fans and energy, the field is huge. It was an experience that I'm glad I tried. Afterward we all went out in downtown Denver. I had a blast. There were so many people downtown and the bars were fun with good music and people. Denver has a high percentage of hot guys, the most in one place that I have seen for a while. That night we all slept at Jessica's. Taylor, Kelly's boyfriend came along also. He has been staying in Boulder, which is only about 30 minutes away.

The next day Kelly, Taylor, and I went on the alpine slide! We stopped at the Red Rock amphitheater first to take a look at it. I can just imagine Pretty Lights there, he always has the Denver skyline lit up as his back drop, he is playing there next saturday and I will be missing it. Anyway, so after that we drove for about an hour through the mountains to get to a ski resort that turns into slides in the summer. We rode the Gondola to the Chair lifts to a big slide. We sat in a little individual cart and I went down the slow lane. It was pretty long and pretty fun. After that we ate at some place called Jersey Boys, went to Kelly's, and went to sleep.

Yesterday Kelly and I went to have lunch/brunch at her families country club, Cherry Creek. Let me tell you that since I came to her house I have been in a different world, the world of that tiny 1% that everyone keeps talking about. It is a little intimidating and I feel a little out of my element but I did, do, enjoy it very much. The country club was beautiful, the food was amazing. After that we changed into normal clothes, you cant wear denim, and we went walking in Downtown Denver. We walked along 16th st. There are random, painted pianos along this street. There must be about 40 of them. All painted a different way and just thrown about. Its wonderful, anyone can play music anytime. I think that is a wonderful idea. Her friend Joey lives right off 16th st so we went to say hi to him for a little. Then we went to her other friends house to go to a concert in the park. It was at city park and I did not expect what I saw. It was like a music festival, alot of land, some tents, dogs, babies, bbqs, booths, and bands. There were so many covered patches of grass with people, and porto potties! It was a bit overwhelming but amazing. After about 2 hours in the park we went back to her friend Shannon's house to watch Entourage. Then we went to Kelly's to sleep.

Today Kelly and I are taking bikes up to Boulder and biking around for a few hours. I don't have my computer with me, this is Kelly's, so I don't have pictures to post, They will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment